LOS VADOS CANYON HOUSE
Occupancy: 4 guests maximum in the house; 2 guests
in the tent cabin
The nightly rate for 2015 is $325 per night with a four-night minimum. (If you reserve fewer than 4 nights your reservation will be cancelled.) Los Vados's weekly rental rate for 2015 is $2200. In addition, a 10.2% sales/room tax is added to the total cost of your stay as required by law. If you rent the main house, you may also rent the tent cabin across the stream for $40 a night for each night of your stay (not just the nights you use it). If your party consists of more than 4 people, you will automatically be charged for the tent cabin in addition to the house as the house sleeps only 4. (We do not rent the tent cabin out separately; if you do not choose to rent it, no one will be using it.) There is a cleaning fee of $140 plus required sales taxes. We accept checks for payment and due to the high transaction fees we charge a 5% surcharge on all credit card payment (except the refundable $250 damage/security deposit).
To make a reservation, please click the Availability/Reservations button
on the left or click here. Your reservation will be held for 48 hours and will be confirmed after your provide us a credit card number and we process your deposit. No reservation is secured until we receive a deposit.
- Check in is 4-4:30 p.m. Check out is 10 a.m. - 11 a.m. (depending on whether another guest is checking in that day.) If you have not been to Los Vados before you will need to arrange your travel so you can meet the Los Vados caretaker just south of Moab by 4-4:30 p.m to be escorted to the property in the daylight so you know the route. Factor in to your plans any time you will need to shop for groceries in Moab before meeting her at 4-4:30 p.m.. Also, if you are driving from Salt Lake City, plan on a 4 - 4.5 hour drive. (If you must arrive late, you must clear it with our caretaker at the time of making the reservation and extra charges may apply.)
- Cost includes arrival escort from Moab to Los Vados. (Linens and towels are also provided as well as charcoal for the BBQ and basic kitchen supplies such as salt and pepper, sugar, and olive oil.)
- A security/damage deposit of $250 is required at the
time the reservation is made. If the property is left in good condition upon departure, the deposit will be fully refunded at the end of the month during which you stayed (we do the bookkeeping at the end of the month).
- 100% of the house rental fee is due 60 days before arrival; unless we have received a check from you, we will charge this amount to your credit card 60 days prior to your arrival.
- Cancellation: If you cancel 60 days or more before your arrival date, we will return to you any rental fee you have paid and your deposit, less $100. If you cancel your reservation less than 60 days
before your arrival date, your reserved dates will show up as available on our website and will be open for rental by another guest. If another guest rents on those dates, we will return to you your rental fee for the nights we have re-rented the house and will return $50 of your deposit. If no guest rents the nights you reserved, we will retain the rental fee you paid for those nights but return your deposit to you.
- Any changes in the dates of your reservation
that are requested less than 30 days prior to check-in will be subject
to a $100 change fee in addition to any increase in the nightly